Employee Benefits and Compensation
We believe that our employees are the heart of our practice. NWMS provides a high quality and cost effective benefits package. Benefits offered by NWMS include health care options, wellness programs, tuition assistance, PTO, holidays, educational and career opportunities.
You are eligible for benefits if you are a regular full-time employee, partner or shareholder working at least 24 hours per week. Health Coverage for newly hired employees begins on the first day of the month following or coinciding with one month of employment.
Northwest Medical Specialties (NWMS) offers group insurance plans to qualified employees. Any premiums paid by the employee are pre-tax payroll deductions.
- Medical insurance: We offer comprehensive medical plans through Premera Blue Cross. Medical insurance coverage is available to regular full time and part time employees that work 24 hours or more per week
- Dental insurance: A choice of two dental plans are available through Premera Blue Cross. NWMS pays the total cost for employee coverage for the base plan. Dependent coverage and enrollment in the buy-up plan is available for an additional cost. Dental insurance coverage is available to regular full time and part time employees that work 24 hours or more per week
- Life insurance/AD&D: NWMS provides a basic life and AD&D benefit to regular part time employees that work 24 hours or more per week. Note: Employees can elect for additional coverage
- Long Term Disability(LTD): Long-term disability insurance (LTD) helps ensure employees continue to get a portion of their income when they’re absent from work for an extended period due to a covered disability. These absences may be a result of accidents, injuries or illnesses that happen on or off the job. LTD is available to regular full time and part time employees that work 24 hours or more per week
- Flexible spending accounts (FSA): These are accounts that you may participate in which will allow you to set aside pre-tax dollars in anticipation of what you may spend on medical, dental or vision, as well as dependent care, over the company’s benefit calendar year for yourself, your spouse and your eligible dependents
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA): Similar to a Flexible Spending Account, you can set money aside in this account on a pre-tax basis to use for healthcare expenses
NWMS offers a 401(k) profit-sharing plan for plan-defined eligible employees. Participation in the plan is voluntary.
Employee Assistance Program
The employee assistance program (EAP) provides guidance for personal issues that you may be facing as well as information about other concerns that affect your life. The EAP offers assistance with education, lifestyle and fitness management, dependent care and caregiving, and legal and financial concerns, as well as information on work matters such as career development. EAP benefits are available to regular full time and part time employees that work 24 hours or more per week.
- EAP counselors are available 24/7. The program offers up to 4 free sessions per year with local counselors
Paid time off
Paid time off (PTO): Employees begin to accrue PTO on date of hire. After completion of the 90-day introductory period, you are eligible to use your PTO.
- Regular full time employees will accrue 18 days of Paid Time Off (40+ hours/week and pro-rated based on hours worked for those who work 24-39) and the allowable PTO amount will increase over time based on years of service
- NWMS also provides 8.5 days Paid Holidays for regular full-time and part-time employees
- Regular full-time employees are eligible to receive reimbursement towards tuition, registration fees and/or course material for job-related or professional development classes or take a job-related certification exam