Employee Benefits and Compensation
We believe that our employees are the heart of our practice. NWMS provides a high quality and cost effective benefits package. Benefits offered by NWMS include health care options, wellness programs, tuition assistance, PTO, holidays, educational and career opportunities.
You are eligible for benefits if you are a regular full-time employee, partner or shareholder working at least 24 hours per week. Health Coverage for newly hired employees begins on the first day of the month following or coinciding with one month of employment.
Northwest Medical Specialties (NWMS) offers Aetna group insurance plans to full-time and part-time employees. Any premiums paid by the employee are pre-tax payroll deductions.
- Medical insurance. An HDHP Base, Aetna Whole Health (ACO) and PPO plan is available. For the Base and ACO plan, NWMS pays the majority of the premium for the employee and pays a significant portion of the cost for dependent coverage. If you choose the PPO plan, be advised that any additional cost beyond the HDHP is paid for by the employee.
- Dental insurance. A choice of DHMO and PPO plans are provided. For the DHMO plan, NWMS pays the total cost for employee coverage, dependent coverage is also available.
- Vision insurance. Is included in the Aetna group insurance plans.
- Life insurance. NWMS provided a basic life and AD&D benefit in the amount of $50,000 for all eligible employees. Note: Employees can elect for additional coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts (FSA). These are accounts that you may participate in which will allow you to set aside pre-tax dollars in anticipation of what you may spend on medical, dental or vision, as well as dependent care, over the company’s benefit calendar year for yourself, your spouse and your eligible dependents
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA). Similar to a Flexible Spending Account, you can set money aside in this account on a pre-tax basis to use for healthcare expenses.
Employee assistance program
The employee assistance program (EAP) provides guidance for personal issues that you may be facing as well as information about other concerns that affect your life. The EAP offers assistance with education, lifestyle and fitness management, dependent care and caregiving, and legal and financial concerns, as well as information on work matters such as career development.
- EAP counselors are available 24/7. The program offers up to 3 free sessions per year with local counselors
- You also have access to their website which contains over 3,400 helpful articles that will help you learn more and create balance in your life.
Paid time off
Paid time off (PTO): Employees begin to accrue PTO on your date of hire. After completion of the 90-day introductory period, you are eligible to use your PTO.