Cancer patients and survivors often face painful, function-limiting consequences brought on by acute treatments such as chemotherapy, radiation, and/or surgery. Cancer rehabilitation can help those individuals regain strength, physical function, and the independence they may have lost due to cancer or its treatment.
Treatment plans are tailored to a patient’s needs and address common side effects such as:
- Joint aches
- Neck or back pain
- Decreased range of motion
- Spinal cord injury
- Numbness or tingling
- Loss of strength
- Post-surgical pain
- Radiation fibrosis
- Muscle spasms, cramps or achiness
- Bowel and bladder disorders
- Difficulty speaking or swallowing
- Fatigue and weakness
- Balance or walking difficulties
We are able to provide care in our clinics and also in the comfort of your home via telerehab.
What is Telerehab?
If you’re concerned or limited by travel or have a weakened immune system, Telerehab lets you easily connect with one of our specialized cancer rehabilitation therapists through web-based technology.
Telerehab sessions are delivered in real-time and are private, secure, and adhere to HIPAA requirements. They may be offered in place of or in addition to in-clinic sessions, dependent upon your condition and preference.
How does it work?
First, you’ll need to schedule your appointment. Then all you need is a computer or device with a camera, microphone, and internet access to begin. Simply click on the link we send you — no downloads or accounts necessary!
Just like the care you would receive in our center, we’ll cover:
- A review of your medical and oncologic history, current problems and complaints, how they are impacting your daily activities.
- Exercises, education, and techniques personalized to your individual needs.
- Instruction on how to best move forward with your program.
- We will also arrange for the delivery of equipment to support your program at home if needed.
Learn more here:
Schedule Your Telerehab Visit:
Our therapists will work with you and your care team to make sure Telerehab is right for you. Whether in-person or virtually, our goal is to help improve your quality of life throughout your cancer journey. If you are a cancer patient or survivor and are looking for rehabilitation services telerehab may be right for you.
For more information about cancer rehabilitation contact our offices at 253-428-8700 and schedule a consultation today!