Northwest Medical Specialties has received re-certification by the QOPI® Certification Program, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Association for Clinical Oncology and an affiliate of the American Society of Clinical Oncology. The QOPI® Certification Program builds on the Society’s Quality Oncology Practice Initiative (QOPI®), providing a three-year certification for outpatient hematology-oncology practices that meet nationally recognized standards for quality cancer care.
What Is The QOPI® Certification Program?
The QOPI® Certification Program provides a three-year certification for outpatient hematology-oncology practices that meet standards for quality and safety in cancer care.
QOPI® analyzes individual practice data and compares these to more than 170 evidence-based and consensus quality measures. The information is then provided in reports to participating practices. Individual practices also are able to compare their performance to data from other practices across the country. Based on this feedback, doctors and practices can identify areas for improvement.
What Does This Mean For Our Patients?
The QOPI® Certification Program re-certification reaffirms Northwest Medical Specialties’s commitment to providing patients with high-quality cancer care.
Through the program, ASCO evaluates the practice on-site to ensure documents are correct and that the practices met core standards in areas of treatment, including:
- Creating a safe environment—staffing, competencies, and general policy
- Treatment planning, patient consent, and education
- Ordering, preparing, dispensing, and administering chemotherapy
- Monitoring after chemotherapy is administered, including adherence, toxicity, and complications
- Treatment planning
- Staff training and education
- Chemotherapy orders and drug preparation
- Patient consent and education
- Safe chemotherapy administration
- Monitoring and assessment of patient well-being.
As always, thank you for choosing Northwest Medical Specialties!