Don’t forget to bring your updated Medicare cards with you on your next visit to NWMS! Its important that we update your information as soon as possible to prevent any errors in billing.
Medicare mailed new cards between April 2018-April 2019. To help protect your identity, your new card has a unique Medicare Number instead of your Social Security Number. The new card won’t change your coverage or benefits. Beginning January 1, 2020 Medicare requires that doctors, pharmacists, and other health care providers use your new unique Medicare Number for billing and processing claims on your behalf.
Here’s what you need to know:
• You can look up your Medicare Number or print a card on MyMedicare.gov.
• Destroy your old card (shred) once you get your new card.
• Call 1-800-MEDICARE if you didn’t get your card.
• There may be something that needs to be corrected, like updating your mailing address.
• Medicare will never call you uninvited and ask for your personal information. Beware of anyone who contacts you about your new Medicare card.
For more information you can go to: https://www.medicare.gov/forms-help-resources/your-medicare-card