Northwest Medical Specialties believes that the best care incorporates each individual patient’s needs through compassionate, high quality and cost-effective medical services. With that said, we are pleased to announce Northwest Medical Specialties has received National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) Patient Centered Medical Home Recognition for delivering high-quality, patient centered care for another year in a row.
What Is A Patient Centered Medical Home?
The NCQA Recognition program outlines essential components of oncology care. The Patient Centered Medical Home (PCHS) is a model of care that puts patients at the forefront, building better relationships between patients and their clinical care teams.
According to research, PCMHs greatly improve the quality of care and the patient experience, increase staff satisfaction, and also reduce health care costs. Practices that earn such recognition, including Northwest Medical Specialities, have made a commitment to continuous quality improvement and a patient-centered approach to care.
What Does This Mean For Our Patients?
- Improve Quality of Care: The PCMH model emphasizes team-based care, communication and coordination, which has been shown to lead to better care.
- Patient-Centered Access: PCMHs emphasize the use of health information technology and after-hours access to improve overall access to care when and where patients need it.
- Improve Patient Experience: A Hartford Foundation study found that the PCMH model resulted in a better experience for patients, with 83% of patients saying being treated in a PCMH improved health.
- Lower Health Care Costs: Research shows NCQA PCMH Recognition improves patient care and reduces costs by lowering emergency department utilization and hospital spending.
- Better Manage Chronic Conditions: According to research, PCMHs are especially helpful for patients with complex chronic conditions.
As always, thank you for choosing Northwest Medical Specialties!